Electricity generation is EDF EN core activity. The company builds and manages its own power plants. Certain units have been sold to third-party investors (the DSSA activity) who have chosen EDF EN to manage their assets.
Grid Electricity Production
EDF Energies Nouvelles green electricity plants are linked to a local power network. With its production of electricity, EDF EN contributes to the energy mix of utilities. Once the plant goes into service, the conduction of electricity to the end user falls within the competence of grid distributor/managers.
Management of third party assets
EDF EN can assure assets management for plants sold to third party investors (the DSSA activity):
• Performance follow-through and production unit optimisation are directly linked to operations and maintenance
• Follow up concerning contracted suppliers, in particular, those of the operator
• Contractual and administrative reporting of shutdowns
• Electricity production Invoicing
• Summary of all asset operating costs