Personal Contract | WIND TURBINE TECHNICIAN SUPERVISOR (H/F)
- Employment type: Permanent full time
- Location: Cumbria, Northumberland, Scotland (United Kingdom)
- Experience on a range of wind turbine types
- Salary range: 40 000 - 45 000 £
- Removal date: May 4, 2012
EDF Energies Nouvelles
Filiale du groupe EDF, EDF Energies Nouvelles (plus de 2 200 salariés, chiffre d’affaires de 1 351 M€ en 2011, plus de 4 000 MW bruts en exploitation) est un leader de la production d’électricité verte. Avec un développement centré sur l'éolien et le solaire photovoltaïque, l’entreprise est également active sur d'autres filières des énergies renouvelables : éolien offshore, énergies marines, petite hydraulique, biogaz, biomasse. EDF EN est présent à l’international, principalement en Europe (France, Italie, Portugal, Grèce, Turquie, Royaume-Uni, Belgique, Allemagne, Espagne, Bulgarie) et en Amérique du Nord (Etats-Unis, Canada et Mexique) et est entrée récemment au Maroc, Afrique du Sud et en Israël. La Société intègre tous les métiers : le développement, la construction, la production et l’exploitation de centrales d’électricité verte.
EDF Energy Renewables
EDF Energy Renewables is a joint venture company between French renewables leader EDF Energies Nouvelles and EDF Energy PLC and operates almost 7% of the UK’s onshore wind turbines across 22 wind farms. To reinforce our in-house O&M service department we are looking for three experienced wind turbine technicians for various locations in UK, with supervisory responsibilities. Locations in Cumbria, Northumberland and Scotland.
Reporting to your regional O&M Manager, you will be expected to deliver scheduled and unscheduled maintenance services in accordance with manufacturers guidelines.
In addition, you will attend specific turbine training as well as a period of familiarisation training at the new EDF EN service facility in Colombiers, France. You will be given opportunities to broaden your skills and your horizons as we expand our services, including potential to work in different projects in the UK and Europe.
• Supervising small team of wind turbine technicians.
• Scheduled service in accordance with manufacturer’s guidelines
• Reporting and planning maintenance activity.
• Managing spare part and consumable stock.
• Faultfinding, troubleshooting, maintenance and repair on all turbine systems, which will include mechanical, electrical and hydraulic assemblies and major components.
• Proactive repair or component replacement to prevent complete failure or system downtime.
• Supervising specialist and subcontractor activity during main component exchange.
• Complying with all health and safety requirements including the WTSR.
• Providing out of hours and weekend response to turbine breakdown.
• Ensuring the highest level of turbine availability.
• Highly motivated individual with excellent team working skills.
• A commitment to ensuring the highest standards of Health & Safety at all times.
• Practical assertive clear thinker with good communication skills.
Skills and Qualifications
• Experience on Vestas V47 and/or V52 wind turbines (including VMP 3500 and/or VMP 5000.2 processors) and/or experience on Vestas V80 2MW and/or V90 3MW wind turbines, in a senior technician capacity.
• Qualification in electrical and/or mechanical disciplines to NVQ3 level (or be able to demonstrate equivalent experience).
• Excellent analytical skills.
• High level of physical fitness and good health.
• Ability to work at height and in adverse weather conditions.
• Excellent understanding of health and safety.
• Previous accreditation as AT/AE under WTSR.
• High motivation and a flexible and enthusiastic approach to working in a small team.
• Experience in leadership of working team.
• Good level of computer literacy.
• Full UK driving licence.
You can apply directly on UK's website.
Back to offers